Saturday, October 24, 2009

Rough Week

As the title says, it's been a rough week.  We've had the flu around here, and my schedule has been upended for most of the month.  I haven't been fully sick myself, but I also haven't felt my best ~ probably a cycle that I just had a hard time escaping ~ not feeling great so I didn't run, didn't run so now I don't feel great.  Vicious!  I could go on about my woes, but blah blah blah, really.

So yesterday Julie and I ran 3 miles in the morning. We had planned 5, but I ended up with a doctor's appointment that crowded our time.  It was a good 3 miles ~ felt so good to be back out there after a bad week.  We discussed a *maybe* run for today.

Late last night I got a text from Julie asking me ~prepare yourself~ if I could run at 7:00 a.m. because her day was filling up fast.  I considered hyperventilating for a moment, then I considered a big fat ARE YOU NUTS?, but in the end I said yes.  Such a pushover.  lol

It was pitch black when I got up and left my sleeping family this morning, but thankfully not raining.  We met at Julie's and did a 6 mile loop through town, turning around at Whitworth and running back through the park. I'm really glad I said yes and got it done, but honestly it was  tough.  My body felt sluggish and heavy, like I had to really work for it.  I know that's a result of my sloppy week, so I'll be more focused this week.

Glad I did it, but glad this week is over.  Here's to a better week ahead.

No comments: