Friday, December 18, 2009

Twas the Night Before Eighteen and All Through the House...


Tomorrow is the big 18.  I must say, the longer the runs, the more I question my own sanity.  Why on earth am I going out to run 18 miles on a rainy, cold Saturday afternoon in December?  That wasn't a rhetorical question.  I really need to know the answer! 

Here's a couple of reasons off the top of my head in my very own Pep Talk To Self On The Eve of Eighteen:


1.  My calf muscles are now killer. 
2.  My quads are now killer.
3.  I  now have great hamstrings. (I see a pattern developing here.)
4. I think there might be muscles developing in my stomach.  Maybe.
5.  Ten pounds lost on the scale since September.
6. Eating Christmas candy with less guilt than usual.
7. New excuse for why my feet look so beat up.  Never mind that my feet have always looked beat up.  Now I have a reason.
8.  Making friends with Julie, who is strong and encouraging and determined.  So thankful for your roll in this journey, Julie!
9. No more skinny, sharp shin bones.  I used to think I was born with them.  Now I know they were just lacking muscle to fill them out.
10. Ninja outfits.  Oh yeah, baby,


I thought at least some of my reasons would be spiritual and enlightening, but there you have it ~ straight off the top. Shallow and passing.  lol  There are deeper reasons, of course, but we'll save that for another day. 


Wish me luck tomorrow. 

No comments: