Friday, December 11, 2009

17 degrees

I am a mild temperatures girl.  I've lived all my life in the three west coast states where mild is the word of the day.  We've been in a cold snap all week and haven't been above freezing in what feels like forever, so today I finally gave up and ran in it anyway. 

Julie and I ran 7 miles, all bundled up like the woosey girls we probably are.  Gloves, ear wraps, cold gear, vests, jackets ~ Julie even had a scarf wrapped around her face.  I bet we looked pretty goofy out there.  Turns out it was a great day for a run, even at 17 degrees.  Took me a bit to get used to breathing that super frigid air, but after I adjusted I was good to go.  I eventually took my gloves off and unzipped my jacket, but other than that I felt perfectly dressed.  My Powerade got colder and colder as we ran, which I had forgotten would happen.  By the end it almost felt like it was a bit slushy.  If we'd been out there much longer I think it would've iced up a bit. 

Seven miles down, seriously enjoyed the run and the sunshine and the cold. 

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Talk about dedication. My running stopped once the time changed and it got dark. I abhor treadmeals so I refuse to get on one. The hubster wants one though. I will commence running when the time changes again :)