Saturday, December 26, 2009

Moving On

Julie and I ran 7.4 today ~ our short long run.  After three days of eating much more than I should of all the wrong things, it felt great to get out there.  I think it was a very successful run for both of us ~ we felt pretty good, had a good talk, finished strong.  After last week's miserable 18 it was nice to feel good about it again. 

I've come to the conclusion that my left leg is probably going to be at various stages of sore from now until the marathon.  It's just tight.  When I'm up and moving around a bit it feels almost fine and when I'm on ibuprofen it's 100%, but when I've been sitting awhile and stand up, I creak along for a bit.  My goal is to get through the next 6 weeks without an injury.  Sore muscles, okay.  Injury, no thanks. 

Planning has begun for the 20.  We're going to run it on New Years Eve morning.  20 miles on the last day of 2009.  If you'd told me I would do that at this time last year, I would never have believed you in a million years.  I'm working hard on my research and planning to improve this run.  I can only go up from that awful 18, so I have lots of room of for improvement.  I'm going to switch up my hydration and nutrition on the run, working on some mental help, and going to work hard this week to give myself every possible advantage in terms of taking care of myself.  I'll spell out the  plan another day, still tweaking as I plan. 

I've also started reviewing the marathon course more closely, beginning to mentally move through it and plan for how I'll feel and strategize how to succeed.  It's getting closer!

No comments: