Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Portland to Coast


I just registered this morning for the Portland to Coast Relay and I'm partly very excited and partly very terrifed. If you had told me two years ago that I'd be doing this I'd have thought you were insane, but here I am.

Most PTC teams have 12 members. Ours has 8. Why? I'm convinced it's because we're nuts, that's why. Honestly, I don't know. Gluttons for punishment? As a result of the smaller group, we each walk 3 legs of the race rather than two. I've been given the go-easy-on-her legs of the race and I'm not complaining one bit about that.

My first leg is 5.69 miles and very flat and easy. My second leg is 3.75 miles and also easy. My last leg (why'd it have to be the last one?) is 7.72 miles and described as "hard". It's up and down the whole way, but no huge hills to climb, just lots of rolling stuff.

I've got a lot of training to do!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, it's official, huh? Very cool! Bummer about the last leg being the longest. I hate that! You are going to have so much fun. :) Maybe I'll see you out there.

Darcy said...

Maybe we could arrange for at least a high five on the beach in Seaside!