Friday, February 26, 2010

Hippie Chick Countdown


Today I officially began my training for the Hippie Chick Half Marathon on May 8th. I've added last year's logo because I can't find one for this year and I think it's kind of cute, anyway. 

Wow, it feels good to have a long run be 6 miles and not 16 miles!

Julie and I ran from the Pill Box out into the countryside and back again. There was a medium rain falling, but it was pretty warm. The first two miles I felt like I was struggling to keep up ~ I've learned to ignore it when I feel sluggish for the most part ~ but it sure is nice when you break through into feeling good again.

I enjoyed having a chance to tell Julie my marathon story and she listened very graciously. :)

2 comments:

Julie said...

I loved the stories you told on this run. Made the six miles go by pretty fast!

Annette said...

Look at you go! There's no stopping you now. :)