Saturday, January 16, 2010

Daily Doubles

Tomorrow is my last long run day before Surf City.  Can I hear a big HOORAY?!?  Seriously, so so glad about that. 

I registered to run the Cascade Half Marathon long before I knew I would need to run 22 miles tomorrow, so I'm going to run the Half at 8:00 a.m. and then another 8 miles at 2:00 with Julie.  Strangely, I'm not too stressed about it.   The 13 miles won't be easy, but it won't kill me either.  I've packed a whole extra running outfit to change to as soon as the race is over, along with a towel because the forecast calls for wet, wet, wet.  So I'll run the 13, change, eat, and then have a little rest time before I meet Julie for a slow, easy 8 miles through town.  I tend to tighten up pretty fast after long runs, so I'm going to cross the 8 bridge when I get to it.  One run at a time.

Looking forward to seeing friends tomorrow ~ Annette, Connie, Debbie, Blanca, Tricia and Jason.  Not sure if anyone else will be there?  Should be a fun morning. 

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wowzer! You are a amazing! Good luck with your run and send my sis' my love.

Annette said...

So proud of you, woman! :) Good to see you at yet another run. Who'd of thought that races would be the only time we'd get together. :) Anyway - on your way to a marathon. Woo hoo! Enjoy your tapering!