Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Bits and Pieces

The countdown is officially on ~ less than a month till Surf City.  Every time I think about that my stomach flips over.  I've been doing short runs and a short long run (7 miles), icing my sore leg and working on the mental prep. 

The holiday eating frenzy was managed decently, I guess.  I had a few bad days in there, but overall did better than I have in years past.  My birthday (the big 4-0) just passed, too, and I have probably eaten quite a bit more cake this week than I needed to eat.  haha.  It was all good, but when I rolled out for a short 3 miler the morning after my party I felt like a giant slug rolling down the road.  Maybe time to lay off the cake and pull myself together again. 

My goals for this week are to run a litttle, rest a lot and get my eating in line.  I'm running the Cascade Half Marathon on Sunday morning, then coming home to meet Julie for 8 more miles, so I really need to have my act together. 

3 comments:

Julie said...

You may have felt like a slug, but you sure didn't look like a slug...LOL! You can do this :)

Annette said...

40 and about to run a marathon - did you ever think that's what you'd be doing? So awesome! You, my dear, are officially an ATHLETE! :)

Focus on each week - don't overthink the marathon.

Looking forward to seeing you this weekend! I'll be the one dying at the end and you'll be fresh and ready for another 8. ;)

PS - I told you the wrong mileage I was running this week. I did a 2 miler and today the plan is 5 (not 3.) I'm getting a little nervous about the half since my last long run was 2 weeks before the run instead of my usual 1. We'll see what happens!

Darcy said...

Not in a million years did I think this is what I'd be doing when I turned 40.

I think you have my half marathon wrong ~ I will be the one dying at the end and then running another 8. haha. I think I've lost my mind.

See you there!